|The Clydeside Distillery
|In Original Container
The name Stobcross reverences from the historic estate, complete with country house (Stobcross House) that was situated in the 17th century on the North Bank of the Clyde when it was purchased by the Anderson family.
This ultimately resulted in village named Anderson that erected> the Town had a whole industry of weavers. Stobcross Road was the main road of Dumbarton to Anderson. In 1875 the manor was demolished, and the estate made way for the new one Queen's Dock. Stobcross Road is still there today, however, it is the address of the Clydeside Distillery.
The very first whisky released from this Clydeside Distillery is rightfully so called Stobcross.
Nose: Spring in the….glass! Fresh cut flowers, white tropical fruits and red fruit and berry jelly.
Taste: Directly the before mentioned white fruits, but then a wealth of spices reveal itself. Notes of white pepper continuing to cover the tongue in a pleasant way.
Finish: soft but tasteful, where the warming herbs intwine nicely with the fruit. The tongue is being warmed throughout the finish.