This domaine has a grand history that dates back to approximately 1450, when Jean Moisson built the original building. The estate remained in the same family for over 300 years, passing through the female line, until 1766 when Catherine Bouhier married Cerice-Melchior de Vogüé.
The family resumed control over the domaine during the French Revolution, even when they were in exile in England. Comte Georges de Vogüé, which is still mentioned on the label, took the domaine over in 1925. His fame started with some superb bottles produced during the 1940’s until the 1960’s.